Studying with the Institute
The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance is the leading membership, education, professional services and consulting body for the insurance and finance industries in the Asia-Pacific region.
Since 1884, the region’s insurance and finance industries have trusted the Institute to provide:
- compulsory industry education and training courses based on regulations and legislative requirements
- elective workshops, courses and events for entry-level through to management-level staff
- soft-skills training.
Why industry chooses the Institute
- Certificate III, Certificate IV, and Diploma professional and compliance courses
- on-site and distance learning options
- over 300 courses, workshops and events every year
- flexible, year-round study programs
- content experts who ensure up-to-date, relevant and challenging programs and materials
- dedicated student support services and resources including tutoring and administration help
- internationally-recognised qualifications
- tailored programs to meet company needs
- English and Chinese (Mandarin) options
- multi award-winning education products and
- Education Service Provider of the Year (2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013), Asia Insurance Industry Awards.
Course delivery and content
All Institute programs are developed by industry experts to ensure the highest quality of our qualifications, workshops and courses. Updated continually, our programs are designed to be immediately applicable to the workplace.
The Institute offers a range of delivery options for all of its education, training and professional development programs. Students can choose between the following study and certification options:
- at ANZIIF’s training facilities
- at their workplace
- recognition of prior learning and experience.
The Institute also licenses its products for delivery by external providers.
The Institute’s broad range of education and training programs reflect its commitment to lifelong learning. To satisfy the needs of insurance and finance professionals at all levels, we offer traineeship, compliance and development programs through to formal award course programs at Certificate III, Certificate IV and Diploma level.
WHAT DOES THE ENROLMENT FEE COVER?
The enrolment fees for each module, which are listed with the course descriptions under Professional Qualifications or Compliance Qualifications, cover the cost of:
- all learning materials
- delivery of module text book via courier (excluding compliance qualificaitons)
- administration of your enrolment
- access to Subject Matter Experts
- access to Student Support staff, who can assist with any queries relating to the learning content of materials
- online services such as discussion forums, informal study groups, and interactive learning materials, where available
- production and delivery of a Statements of Attainment and/or Qualification Certificates, upon successful completion of module or course.
Additional fees may apply for enrolment changes and other services.
ANZIIF student membership connects you with thousands of other students and 16,000 professionals representing all sectors of insurance and finance in over 50 countries. ANZIIF members are recognised as specialists in their field and enjoy the professional benefits of a proven commitment to the insurance and finance industry.
Students undertaking an award course module with ANZIIF are granted student membership status. Those who complete a qualification for an award course then receive a free membership upgrade for the year in which they completed their course.
Benefits of Student membership
- Access: Student members receive discounts to all ANZIIF conferences, seminars and training. Find out which events are currently on offer via the events calendar.
- Information: Student members receive the ANZIIF Journal in print and online versions. The longest-running and most widely-read insurance publication in the Asia-Pacific region, the Journal keeps members up-to-date on industry issues, trends, people and events.
- Networking and professional development: Student members are part of an international community of insurance professionals. Through networking events such as the Generation i program for insurance and finance professionals under 35, we help you to build long-lasting professional relationships. ANZIIF’s professional development events, discussion groups, mentoring programs and online forums are also available to help students tap into a vast bank of knowledge and experience.
- Scholarships & Awards: As a student member you have access to a number of industry scholarships and academic awards. Winners of the Institute and Academic scholarships and awards receive travel and cash prizes to facilitate professional development and networking with the domestic and international insurance community.
- Higher Education: Student members have the option of pursuing graduate and postgraduate university programs following the completion of their studies with the Institute.
- Industry Recognition: ANZIIF’s CIP program sets the standard of professionalism for the insurance and financial services industry. Upon completion of your qualification you will be automatically upgraded to the appropriate professional level of ANZIIF membership and become a Certified Insurance Professional (CIP). As a CIP you will be able to mark your level of industry qualification through the use of ANZIIF's internationally recognised post-nominals. Learn more about CIP membership.